2021 Virginia General Assembly Priorities
Legislation We Support
The Teen Caucus has voted to support a multitude of bills for the 2021 Virginia Legislative Session:
- Expunge past marijuana-related convictions.
- Reduce the number of Standards of Learning Assessments to the federal minimum.
- Abolish all sales on feminine hygiene products.
2021 Initiated Bills
The Teen Caucus has initiated legislation in 2021 to:
- Allow students to take partial day excused absences to partake in civic or political engagements.
- Allow for voter pre-registration at age 16.
The Teen Caucus supports amending the Virginia Constitution to:
- Allow 16 year olds to vote in Virginia’s local elections.
- Remove the homophobic ban on same-sex marriage.
- Affirm personal reproductive liberty.